The difference in size and position of the breasts is a fairly common condition among women, so often considered “normal” breasts look different in varying degrees.
Milder cases of breast asymmetry probably affect the mind rather than the physical body, but it lead to one of the most common elective plastic surgery among women aged 18 to 30 years.
- During the pubertal phase can a breast grow much more than the other, producing a juvenile hypertrophy can lead to physical and psychological complications. In most cases the defect is due to abnormal growth of fat and breast tissue caused by an inadequate response to one breast to stimulate female hormones.
- Sometimes the symmetry is altered after one or more pregnancies, by an alteration in the volume recovery after childbirth or breastfeeding of one breast. There are also secondary asymmetries in breast surgery for the removal of benign lesions.
- In congenital malformations usually have breast asymmetry. In tuberous or tubular breasts there is often a difference in size and / or position by different degrees of malformation in one or both breasts. The “Poland Syndrome”, default or lack of development of the pectoral muscle and breast, is also a less common cause of asymmetry.
Proper correction of breast asymmetry is a difficult challenge for the plastic surgeon, being with secondary breast surgery and correction of tubular breasts, one of the most difficult procedures of breast plastic surgery, and requires a large previous experience of the surgeon. Each case is completely different and should be studied in a personalized way. Often women with different degrees of breast deformity is, from very mild to severe, are treated in my clinic in Valencia.
As in the case of complex interventions in breast and operated (secondary breast surgery) and surgery for tuberous breasts, I have many resources to get it:
- Local Sedation and anesthesia reduces postoperative recovery time and risks of surgery.
- Anatomical breast implants have multiple models and sizes to customize the surgery and even implants using two different model, size and projection asymmetries and deformities can be corrected with round implants is impossible to get.
- Safer and more durable, more consistent with silicone gels, and even with double composition and gels of different hardness, concave surfaces, very high projections breast prostheses. This allows us to correct satisfactorily the majority of breast asymmetries.
- Lipotransfer own or fat grafting: are an indispensable tool in surgery of the alterations in the shape and size of the breasts; by own fat grafts can correct many breast defects, obtaining lasting results.
Consult me your problem of asymmetric breasts and it will look better and more customized solution, using the best resources available to me.
The snuff causes a reduction in the blood supply to the skin, which can complicate wound healing, tissue viability and results of surgery; should consider reducing their consumption a few weeks before and after the intervention.
There are drugs that reduce the ability of blood clotting, such as aspirin, so the doctor must inform the consumer and remove them from your treatment.
Dr. Terrén explain postoperative care and proper recovery time, as well as their expected return to daily work activities (1-2 weeks), personal and sports (4-6 weeks). It will explain the risks and possible complications, and leaves will give informed consent to read and sign.
Dr. Terrén informed of the costs of surgery. There is no fixed price for all interventions and your case will be treated individually, including the costs of surgery and hospitalization if the fees the surgical team and anesthesia. It may consult with the clinic staff financing options you may be interested (See Financing).
It is performed under local anesthesia and deep sedation, and lasts one to two hours depending on each case. The patient must stay in the hospital 1 night for proper aftercare; in less complex cases you can leave the hospital within a few hours of surgery.
Surgery is different in each case. Reducing excessive skin, an internal modification of mammary structure localized volume reduction, or even a second procedure to obtain a natural finish and more symmetrical breasts may be necessary.
It will remain in the hospital 24 hrs. or you can leave after surgery in some cases. You can walk around the room or even the hallway of the hospital. It may take a few devices for draining waste fluids after surgery, although not in all cases, which shall be maintained for 24 – 48 hours and you will be removed in the clinic of Dr. Terrén.
You should also wear an appropriate bra for several weeks after surgery, even to sleep.
It will take analgesics to control postoperative pain for several days, and antibiotics to prevent infection.
Will rest for the first week and should avoid tension in the breasts, like picking heavy weights or bending too much bending at the waist. The recovery time is about one to two weeks.
In four weeks you should go twice a week to the clinic of Dr. Terrén to receive lymphatic drainage massage the treated areas, so that recovery is faster and better results. During these visits Dr. Terren and his team monitor the proper evolution of the wounds and scarring, and personally answer all your questions and comments. Also have access to a telephone number for any urgent requirement.
The final result is obtained after about one year, several follow-up visits to be necessary during the recovery period.